Top of Mind News
- 4 Steps Restaurants Should Take Right Now to Attract More Workers
- Managing Your Restaurant Reviews: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
- Leveraging Market Tech to Recruit the Best Employees
- Will the Holiday Season Ease Restaurants’ Hiring Woes?
- How Back-of-House Tech Can Alleviate the Labor Crunch
Chicken market is low as we approach the slow time of the year. Jumbo wings were own with increased availability. Medium and small wings stayed steady.
Limited availability depending on grade. Strips, tenders and ribs, are levelling in price.
Retail demand drove lift in pork butts. Bellies should be close to their peak.
Alaska snow crab quota has been cut 88% while domestic shrimp is in good supply. Cod quotas will be announced shortly with reductions for 2022.
There are constraints on value-added and processed items. The shortage on labor continues to affect the market.
The Kitchen Sink
Natural mozzarella and processed cheese was up due to increasing demand and labor shortages. Egg market is down with large supply and flat demand.
Wheat has been increasing since July, up 75%. Canola oil trends higher.